Monday 14 April 2014

Honorary scrubbing up

As we finally start to bask in these glorious dry days we are having I got a phone call the other day from the BAS breed secretary asking me for a good photograph of myself for the BAS magazine. Apparently the ones they took at the National Show hadn't turned out flattering. Well that's the story of my life. On virtually  every photograph I've ever had taken I either look like 'Greengrass' or gormless. Best photos need to catch me unawares.
They wanted a photie  to commemorate me being made an Honorary Lifetime Member  of the BAS. I was officially given this honour in June 2013 for services to the society, when I finally retired from the BAS board after an amazing ten or so years. Well they finally caught up with giving it to me at the 2014 AGM, about a month ago. I have to say I was seriously touched by this award and deeply grateful to those who put it in motion.  I was also given an engraved glass bowl which shall take pride of place in the trophy cabinet.
So she who rules the roost nagged me to whip off me alpaca farmers costume and don a jacket to satisfy the brief. Shirley normally takes photos in which it is hard to spot the subject but this was pretty straightforward. Well done Whoopy Daisy ! This is about as good as it gets for me with photies. I take them real good but can't be in them. So to safeguard against any additional titivation that might occur when published I flick it out to prove that I can scrub up quite well.



No comments:

Post a Comment