Saturday 9 January 2016

Shifting stuff...@TOFT

That's what we are doing at TOFT this week and last. And me and my new mate Makita will probably be doing so for at least a month to come. We are shifting and shuffling, stock, files, tools and the debris to 25 years around and about, up and down and round and round, as we organise our new shed into the storage facility we so desperately needed.
As I spend many hours erecting and reshaping shelving to suit I am reminded that the first set of shelves I ever put up was in  my Dad's garden shed around 1963. 
Since that time my journey can be tracked via the shelves I have built, bought, erected, removed, reassembled, readapted, as we moved flats, houses, sheds to finally arrive in the new incarnation we are dealing with today.
As all my children will soon embark on the joys of owning their own homes I have a feeling that the next two decades will also involve an awful lot of shelves, sheds and shuffling for yours truly as their life adventures develop. (At least we now have the cordless miracle Mr Makita to help) We know no fear and I thank the 'man' every day that I shall be around to share their journeys. Bring on the stuff....!
Hey ho, Life is ....shuffling your stuff until you can no longer shuffle anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment